(Please read this page in its entirety for full details about the event).
What is SCUBA for Diabetes?
Divers work together to assemble 1 of 6 giant metal puzzles in a relaxed, fun underwater setting. Puzzles are 50 sq. feet each, containing 220 giant metal pieces. Dive time is one hour +.
A minimum donation of $100 per person due on or before the day of the event is required to participate. Each diver will receive one hour + of dive time, a commemorative Verizon Wireless SCUBA for Diabetes t-shirt, and be eligible to order a FREE ticket to watch the Cleveland Indians take on the Toronto Blue Jays on Saturday, May 10, 2008 at 7:05pm at Jacobs Field (discounted tickets for friends and family will be available). This also is Sizemore Fleece Blanket giveaway night! Divers who raise $200+ will have the opportunity to parade the field before the game!
The event will be limited to the first 200 divers age 10 or older with signed waivers and valid certification cards (for insurance purposes, divers without proof of certification will not be allowed to dive). Divers under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
How Can I Participate?
CLICK HERE to register and get started!
Raise Money and Recruit Team Members
Ask your family, friends, neighbors and co-workers to sponsor you by making a contribution or pledge. Create your own fundraising page on this website and email solicitation letters (provided or create your own!), track your online fundraising progress, and compete for great prizes!
- Arrive at CSU's Robert F. Busbey Natatorium Sunday, April 6th, one hour before your assigned time and SCUBA!
- Divers will receive confirmation of their dive time and a map of parking options and unloading instructions in late March.
- Day of event registration will be quicker if your donations are turned in by Friday, April 4th, online or at DAGC. However, credit cards, cash, and checks will gladly be accepted at the day of registration table.
Certified divers must bring their certification card with them to the pool. For insurance purposes, divers without proof of certification will not be allowed to dive.
- Everyone must have a signed waiver. Waivers can be signed at the pool or bring the signed waiver with you to the pool. Download and print your waiver HERE.
- Divers under 18 must be accompanied by an adult and a parent or legal guardian must sign the waiver.
- Divers need to bring their own gear including tanks and soft weights.
- Divers bringing their own tanks will receive a certificate for a free fill at one of the participating dive shops valid the week following the dive.
- Divers who do not have tanks can pick up a donated tank from one of the participating dive shops. Subject to dive shop rental guidelines. Refundable security deposit may also be required.
SPECTATORS ARE WELCOME!!!!