Novo Nordisk Presents: Divabetic-Makeover Your Diabetes
Coming to Cleveland This Fall!
Enjoy an afternoon of diabetes education and
complimentary salon and spa services on September 29
DAGC is pleased to serve as the local partner for Novo Nordisk Presents: Divabetic-Makeover Your Diabetes, presented by DIVABETIC, a community outreach organization dedicated to providing diabetes education and encouragement to women. This free event, open to people living with, at risk of, or affected by diabetes and their supportive friends and loved ones, will take place from 1-4pm on Saturday, September 29 at Windows on the River in downtown Cleveland.
Divabetic-Makeover Your Diabetes combines personalized diabetes education with free salon and spa services to help every womans inner diva take charge of her own and her familys health. At the event, makeovers from celebrity hair, makeup, and fashion professionals will be offered alongside coaching from Certified Diabetes Educators (CDEs) in a casual and personal format that focuses on practical life changes in key diabetes care areas:
- Twist & Shout- Tips for integrating exercise into daily life, beyond strict gym regimens.
- Denial's Not My Style- Diabetes terms and questions about diabetes care answered.
- Grab Green & Go- Ideas to make healthy choices for better (not perfect) eating.
- Glam More Fear Less- Ways to improve attitudes about health with a positive self image.
- Sweet Inspirations- Goal setting techniques designed for the long run.
- Tunnel of Love- Impact of diabetes on personal relationships. Mother Love will be available for one-on-one conversations with event attendees offering her insights alongside CDEs.
For more information and to register for the event, please visit www.divabetic.org or call (800) 634-8888. Admission is free. Complementary parking will be available. More information is available at www.ChangingDiabetes-us.com.
CLICK HERE to download a printable version of the above image
(297K Acrobat .PDF file)